- 1 How do I send a loom video?
- 2 How do you contact a loom?
- 3 How do you share a loom video with students?
- 4 Why is my loom video not uploading?
- 5 Can you upload a video on loom?
- 6 Can I put two loom videos together?
- 7 Why is loom not working?
- 8 Is loom free for educators?
- 9 Does loom cost money?
- 10 Can anyone see my loom video?
- 11 Does loom have a time limit?
- 12 Who can see my loom videos?
- 13 How do you restore a loom video?
- 14 Why is my loom video blurry?
- 15 How long does it take loom to upload a video?
How do I send a loom video?
- Open the video you’d like to share, click Share, and select Linked GIF.
- This will open a preview of your thumbnail. Click Copy Thumbnail to transfer it to your clipboard.
- Paste the link into your email thread and your Loom thumbnail will display as an animated thumbnail, as shown below.
How do you contact a loom?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for in our Help Center, here’s two ways to contact us.
- Via your Personal Library page form: 1) From your Personal Library, click the? icon in the bottom right. 2) Select Contact Support to send a message to our Support Team.
- Via our contact form here.
Simply copy and paste the video URL link into an email or another platform you use to communicate, like Google Classroom. Think of it as sharing the link of a news article or a YouTube video. You can paste the link anywhere and anyone can click the link to watch it, as sign-up is not required to view.
Why is my loom video not uploading?
Make sure you’re connected to a stable internet connection. If you experienced an interruption while recording (wifi or internet dropout) or during processing, your video may not upload with success. If the app experienced a crash it could also result in the files not uploading with success.
Can you upload a video on loom?
You can upload both videos you ‘ve recorded on Loom (and then downloaded to your computer) and videos you recorded somewhere else. To add an existing video to your library, from your video page click on New Video in the top right of your Personal Library and select Upload Video.
Can I put two loom videos together?
While Loom is a great tool for video tutorial and recordings, it does have some limitations. You cannot splice videos. This means you can ‘t record multiple videos and edit them together. You can only edit one recording at a time with Loom.
Why is loom not working?
If you are experiencing Loom problems failing to record audio or video correctly, the first thing to do is check whether the issue lies with Loom or your computer itself. If this fails to resolve the issue, you should reset your computer and reinstall the Loom app.
Is loom free for educators?
Apply today, it’s free For teachers at schools, universities, or educational institutions using video messaging for classroom work. To get started, first set up a free account with your school email.
Does loom cost money?
Loom Pricing Loom is available for free with limited access to a number of videos. Paid subscriptions with unlimited videos are available on monthly and annual subscriptions starting at $5 and $4 respectively. Custom quotes are also available for teams and enterprises.
Can anyone see my loom video?
Who has access to the Loom videos I record? The only person who has access to the videos you record are you. You would have to explicitly share your videos with an individual for them to find and watch any video you record. Your videos are not searchable.
Does loom have a time limit?
Loom Starter users have a 5-minute recording duration limit, and Education users have a 45-minute recording limit.
Who can see my loom videos?
Every video you record with Loom is saved in your Personal Library. All videos in your Personal Library are only visible to you unless you share their links with someone else. They are not viewable by others unless you intentionally share the video links or move the video to your Team Library.
How do you restore a loom video?
What you can do to recover this video
- Open your finder, and browse to /Users/username/Movies/ Loom /Temporary/videoID.
- Compress (zip) the corresponding folder and upload it to your preferred cloud storage service (Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, Box, WeTransfer, etc).
Why is my loom video blurry?
What do I do if my extension recording is blurry? Restart your device. Ensure Chrome is running with minimal overhead – close all unnecessary tabs/applications and make sure you’re plugged into a power source. If you’re using a larger monitor, you will see some quality loss in your recordings.
How long does it take loom to upload a video?
On a strong stable, connection, it should not take more than a few minutes for videos under 10 minutes at 720p recording quality. However, if you record a long video and your upload speed is on the lower end, the processing time will increase as Loom finishes uploading your video.