- 1 Why is Goa so popular?
- 2 What is the Speciality of Goa?
- 3 Why is Goa so beautiful?
- 4 What is famous in Goa to buy?
- 5 Is Goa expensive?
- 6 Which language is spoken in Goa?
- 7 Which food is famous in Goa?
- 8 How Safe Is Goa?
- 9 What should I wear in Goa?
- 10 Is Goa better than Kerala?
- 11 Why is alcohol cheap in Goa?
- 12 What things are cheap in Goa?
- 13 Is shopping cheap in Goa?
- 14 Is Goa safe for female Travellers?
- 15 How many malls are there in Goa?
Why is Goa so popular?
Overwhelming Beaches Goa is one of the most favorite destination among Indian tourists due to its pristine beaches. Every beach has its specialty, beauty, and serenity where tourists enjoy their best. Famous beaches in Goa: Baga, Candolim, Calangute, Morjim, Arambol, Anjuna, etc.
What is the Speciality of Goa?
Goa is a blend of ancient Portuguese colony, sandy shores, forests, monuments and delightful cuisine- you can’t get enough of Goa. 1) AMAZING BEACHES: Had to be the #1 on the list, Goa is world-famous for its beach life. From North to South of Goa for every five minutes of travel, you will find a new beach.
Why is Goa so beautiful?
Ruled by Portuguese in the past, this region is famous for fusion of European and Indian culture and beauty. The Western Ghats running through the region makes it lush for wildlife and flora too. Goa is one of the most important tourist spots in the country because of its beauty and culture.
What is famous in Goa to buy?
Top Things To Buy In Goa
- Cashew Nuts. Goa, one of the best countries to buy “Cashew Nuts ” is available in all flavours, spicy, salty, colored, coated with chick flour etc.
- Feni or Cashew Feni.
- Wooden Furniture (Wooden Carvings)
- Painted Tiles.
Is Goa expensive?
Compared to most of the rest of India prices in Goa are relatively expensive, but compared to nearly anywhere else this place is a bargain. Still, hotels in Goa are cheap and fairly good standard for a beach resort area. Hotels at the bottom end of the range will be quite minimalistic though, so be prepared.
Which language is spoken in Goa?
In the state of Goa, although English is widely spoken and is the national language of education and commerce in India, the main language in Goa is Konkani.
Which food is famous in Goa?
Top 10 foods to try in Goa
- Pork vindaloo. Derived from the Portuguese words for garlic (alho) and wine (vinho), combined in a marinade, this spicy Goan curry originated from a Portuguese sailor’s dish made with – yes, that’s right – pork, garlic and wine.
- Crab xec xec.
- Prawn balchão.
- Goan red rice.
- Chouris pão.
How Safe Is Goa?
Despite stories of violent crime, drug-related misdeeds and police corruption (some of them internationally high-profile and involving tourists) Goa remains essentially a safe destination for travellers. So long as you adhere to a few basic and common-sense safety precautions, you should stay safe and secure in Goa.
What should I wear in Goa?
WHAT TO WEAR IN GOA FOR LADIES
- A Bikini/ Monokini or a Bodysuit.
- Cover-ups And Sarongs.
- Maxi Dresses, Tshirt Dresses, Skater Dresses, Off-shoulder Dresses.
- Don’t Go Short On Shorts.
- Go offbeat – Pallazos, Harem pants, Mermaid Pants, Dhotis.
- Crop tops.
- Loose T-shirts and Tanks.
- Accessorize as much as you can.
Is Goa better than Kerala?
Goa is popular as a city of beaches and parties, and Kerala is known as God’s own country due to its mesmerising backwaters. Goa is best for the backpackers, party freaks and honeymooners, and Kerala is always a favourite place for those who love backwaters and are Ayurveda inspired.
Why is alcohol cheap in Goa?
The duty in Goa is much lower than in elsewhere in India meaning that a bottle of beer is about Rs 30 cheaper in Goa than elsewhere in India. So I think there is some sort of restriction in the amount of beer one can carry over the state border. Here is a link to a story about smuggling liquor out of Goa.
What things are cheap in Goa?
18 Things To Buy While Shopping In Goa
- Sea Shells Galore. Image Source.
- Cashew Nuts. Image Source.
- Music CDs & Musical Instruments. Image Source.
- Feni. Image Source.
- Variety Of Hats. Image Source.
- Spices. Image Source.
- Azulejos Tiles. Image Source.
Is shopping cheap in Goa?
You can have an amazing shopping experience across Goa as its flea market and other local shops offer you everything at reasonable price. So, if you are planning to travel Goa and wondering which place you should go for shopping, then read the below article.
Is Goa safe for female Travellers?
If you or your family or friends are asking is Goa safe for females travelling alone in India, try not to worry. There are indeed unpleasant and scary occasions where female visitors have been hassled and worse by men in India. But Goa is easier to travel as a solo female than other parts of India.
How many malls are there in Goa?
Specifically there are two malls in Goa, Mall De Goa and Caculo Mall. They provide the food, entertainment and much more for the people of Porvorim and Panaji respectively.