- 1 What’s special about Goa?
- 2 What is Goa best known for?
- 3 What should we get from Goa?
- 4 Why do foreigners visit Goa?
- 5 Where can I get laid in Goa?
- 6 Which food is famous in Goa?
- 7 Why is alcohol cheap in Goa?
- 8 Which language is spoken in Goa?
- 9 How Safe Is Goa?
- 10 Is Goa expensive?
- 11 What is famous in Goa to buy?
- 12 Is shopping cheap in Goa?
- 13 Which country visits Goa most?
- 14 Where do most foreigners stay in Goa?
- 15 Where can I meet foreigners in Goa?
What’s special about Goa?
Goa is a blend of ancient Portuguese colony, sandy shores, forests, monuments and delightful cuisine- you can’t get enough of Goa. 1) AMAZING BEACHES: Had to be the #1 on the list, Goa is world-famous for its beach life. From North to South of Goa for every five minutes of travel, you will find a new beach.
What is Goa best known for?
Reasons Why Goa Is Famous
- Fantastic Beaches. Palolem in South Goa.
- Carnival. A parade in Goa.
- Festive Atmosphere in December. A decorated church at Christmas time.
- Watersports. Watersports in Goa.
- Beach Shacks. Shacks on the beach.
- Cheap Alcohol. A tourist sipping on a pint.
- Portuguese Influence. Old Portuguese style houses.
- Dolphin Spotting.
What should we get from Goa?
18 Things To Buy While Shopping In Goa
- Sea Shells Galore. Image Source.
- Cashew Nuts. Image Source.
- Music CDs & Musical Instruments. Image Source.
- Feni. Image Source.
- Variety Of Hats. Image Source.
- Spices. Image Source.
- Azulejos Tiles. Image Source.
Why do foreigners visit Goa?
Another reason of the foreign tourists visiting Goa is because it is very reasonable here compared to other states, thus we see thousands of tourists having the good time of their life in Goa. Foreigners relate Goa to the exotic place of Hawaii, although, the currency there is high compared to India.
Where can I get laid in Goa?
- Tito’s, Baga Beach: Quite simply the most ‘happening’ club in the whole of Goa.
- Curlies, Anjuna Beach: This is heaven on earth as I know it.
- Laughing Buddha, Arambol: There is this particular feel about Arambol that you just can not find anywhere else.
Which food is famous in Goa?
Top 10 foods to try in Goa
- Pork vindaloo. Derived from the Portuguese words for garlic (alho) and wine (vinho), combined in a marinade, this spicy Goan curry originated from a Portuguese sailor’s dish made with – yes, that’s right – pork, garlic and wine.
- Crab xec xec.
- Prawn balchão.
- Goan red rice.
- Chouris pão.
Why is alcohol cheap in Goa?
The duty in Goa is much lower than in elsewhere in India meaning that a bottle of beer is about Rs 30 cheaper in Goa than elsewhere in India. So I think there is some sort of restriction in the amount of beer one can carry over the state border. Here is a link to a story about smuggling liquor out of Goa.
Which language is spoken in Goa?
In the state of Goa, although English is widely spoken and is the national language of education and commerce in India, the main language in Goa is Konkani.
How Safe Is Goa?
Despite stories of violent crime, drug-related misdeeds and police corruption (some of them internationally high-profile and involving tourists) Goa remains essentially a safe destination for travellers. So long as you adhere to a few basic and common-sense safety precautions, you should stay safe and secure in Goa.
Is Goa expensive?
Compared to most of the rest of India prices in Goa are relatively expensive, but compared to nearly anywhere else this place is a bargain. Still, hotels in Goa are cheap and fairly good standard for a beach resort area. Hotels at the bottom end of the range will be quite minimalistic though, so be prepared.
What is famous in Goa to buy?
Top Things To Buy In Goa
- Cashew Nuts. Goa, one of the best countries to buy “Cashew Nuts ” is available in all flavours, spicy, salty, colored, coated with chick flour etc.
- Feni or Cashew Feni.
- Wooden Furniture (Wooden Carvings)
- Painted Tiles.
Is shopping cheap in Goa?
You can have an amazing shopping experience across Goa as its flea market and other local shops offer you everything at reasonable price. So, if you are planning to travel Goa and wondering which place you should go for shopping, then read the below article.
Which country visits Goa most?
Among international tourists visiting Goa, Russians top the list.
Where do most foreigners stay in Goa?
Below are the best beaches for foreigners in Goa
- Palolem Beach. Palolem beach is located in Canacona in Goa.
- Ashwem Beach. Ashwem Beach is known for its scenic beauty and a top choice for foreigners visiting Goa.
- Candolim Beach.
- Morjim Beach.
- Benaulim Beach.
- Arambol Beach.
- Vagator Beach.
- Baga Beach.
Where can I meet foreigners in Goa?
Meet A Foreign Friend in Goa Loveawake, with nearly 2 million members, is one of the largest international dating site on the Internet. Loveawake site is an attractive, well-organized and extremely user-friendly online dating site.