- 1 What makes Goa special?
- 2 Is Goa the best state in India?
- 3 How would you describe Goa?
- 4 Is Goa a separate country?
- 5 Why are so many tourists attracted to Goa?
- 6 What things are cheap in Goa?
- 7 Which state is most beautiful girl in India?
- 8 Which state is most dangerous in India?
- 9 Who is richest state in India?
- 10 How Safe Is Goa?
- 11 Which language is spoken in Goa?
- 12 Is Goa a state or city?
- 13 Who found India?
- 14 Do Portuguese still live in Goa?
- 15 Which is the famous food in Goa?
What makes Goa special?
Beaches, Cheap Booze, Seafood & Other Things Goa Is Famous For. From shopping at the various markets, to eating the local cuisine and water sports galore, Goa is well-known for a lot of unique offerings. Take a look at this list which showcases some of the best things that Goa is famous for.
Is Goa the best state in India?
The Eleventh Finance Commission of India named Goa the best -placed state because of its infrastructure, and India’s National Commission on Population rated it as having the best quality of life in India (based on the commission’s “12 Indicators”). Panaji is the state’s capital, while Vasco da Gama is its largest city.
How would you describe Goa?
Goa — Silver sands, sparkling blue waters, the sky mirroring the sea below, white churches resting against green paddy fields and coconut trees lining the coastal streets. Goa – a place you can fall in love with at first glance. There’s much more to Goa than sun, sand and sea.
Is Goa a separate country?
On 30 May 1987 Goa was conferred statehood and Daman and Diu was made a separate union territory. Goa is situated on the western coast of the Indian Peninsula. On its north runs the Terekhol River which separates Goa from Maharashtra and on the south lies North Canara district of Karnataka.
Why are so many tourists attracted to Goa?
The Western Ghats running through the region makes it lush for wildlife and flora too. Goa is one of the most important tourist spots in the country because of its beauty and culture. If you love beach and adventure activities, this is the best place to enjoy.
What things are cheap in Goa?
18 Things To Buy While Shopping In Goa
- Sea Shells Galore. Image Source.
- Cashew Nuts. Image Source.
- Music CDs & Musical Instruments. Image Source.
- Feni. Image Source.
- Variety Of Hats. Image Source.
- Spices. Image Source.
- Azulejos Tiles. Image Source.
Which state is most beautiful girl in India?
Top 10 Cities with most Beautiful Women in India
- Mumbai. Mumbai is the city of dreams.
- Kolkata. Kolkata was formerly known as the Calcutta-The City of Joy.
- Delhi. Delhi being the capital of India has topped the list of the city with most beautiful girls.
Which state is most dangerous in India?
Top 10 Dangerous States in India:
- Uttar Pradesh: The crime rate per capita of UP is 7.4.
- Arunachal Pradesh: The crime rate and other factors have made the state responsible to land on the 2nd position in danger.
- Jharkhand: Jharkhand is another state not to be missed in danger terms.
Who is richest state in India?
|Rank||State/Union Territory||Nominal GDP ₹ lakh crore = INR trillions; USD billions|
|1||Maharashtra||₹28.78 lakh crore (US$400 billion)|
|2||Uttar Pradesh||₹21.45 lakh crore (US$300 billion)|
|3||Tamil Nadu||₹17.94 lakh crore (US$250 billion)|
|4||Karnataka||₹16.99 lakh crore (US$240 billion)|
How Safe Is Goa?
Despite stories of violent crime, drug-related misdeeds and police corruption (some of them internationally high-profile and involving tourists) Goa remains essentially a safe destination for travellers. So long as you adhere to a few basic and common-sense safety precautions, you should stay safe and secure in Goa.
Which language is spoken in Goa?
In the state of Goa, although English is widely spoken and is the national language of education and commerce in India, the main language in Goa is Konkani.
Is Goa a state or city?
listen) is a state located in the South western region of India; It is India’s smallest state by area and the fourth smallest by population. Goa is one of India’s richest states with a GDP per capita two and a half times that of the country.
Who found India?
Portuguese explorer Vasco de Gama becomes the first European to reach India via the Atlantic Ocean when he arrives at Calicut on the Malabar Coast. Da Gama sailed from Lisbon, Portugal, in July 1497, rounded the Cape of Good Hope, and anchored at Malindi on the east coast of Africa.
Do Portuguese still live in Goa?
The Portuguese controlled Goa until 1961, when India took over. Only a very small fraction of Goans speak Portuguese nowadays. Although an essential religious language, there were 1,500 students learning Portuguese in Goa in 2015; totaling a number of 10,000 – 12,000 Portuguese speakers in the state.
Which is the famous food in Goa?
Top 10 foods to try in Goa
- Pork vindaloo. Derived from the Portuguese words for garlic (alho) and wine (vinho), combined in a marinade, this spicy Goan curry originated from a Portuguese sailor’s dish made with – yes, that’s right – pork, garlic and wine.
- Crab xec xec.
- Prawn balchão.
- Goan red rice.
- Chouris pão.