- 1 Is Goa the smallest state in India?
- 2 Why is Goa different from India?
- 3 Is Goa a rich state?
- 4 Is Goa poor?
- 5 Which is the 1st state in India?
- 6 Which is the 2nd smallest state in India?
- 7 What should I avoid in Goa?
- 8 How Safe Is Goa?
- 9 Is Goa an island off India?
- 10 Who is poor state in India?
- 11 Who is the No 1 businessman in India?
- 12 Which state is richest in India?
- 13 Which language is spoken in Goa?
- 14 Which is the poorest city in India?
- 15 Which is the top 10 richest state in India?
Is Goa the smallest state in India?
It is India’s smallest state by area and its fourth- smallest by population.
|• Total||3,702 km2 (1,429 sq mi)|
Why is Goa different from India?
Goa is an Indian state but the people of Goa are often completely different compared to any other part of the country. This is because Goan customs and culture is highly influenced by western culture, all thanks to four hundred and fifty years of Portuguese rule that made Goa different from the rest of India.
Is Goa a rich state?
Goa – state in southwest India, bounded by Maharashtra to the north and Karnataka to the east and south, while the Arabian Sea forms its western coast. Goa is one of India’s richest states with a GDP per capita two and a half times that of the country.
Is Goa poor?
It recorded 5.09 per cent or about 75,000 poor in Goa which has a 14-lakh population. The country’s BPL population average is 21.92%. The percentage of persons living below poverty line in 2011-12 has been estimated at 25.7 per cent in rural areas, 13.7 per cent in urban areas.
Which is the 1st state in India?
|State name (# on map)||Name in state’s official language||Meaning|
|Andhra Pradesh (1)||ఆంధ్రప్రదేశ్ (Telugu)||State of Andhras|
|Arunachal Pradesh (2)||Arunachal Pradesh (English)||Land of the dawn-lit mountains|
|Assam (3)||অসম (Assamese)||“Uneven” or from “Ahom”|
|Bihar (4)||बिहार (Hindi)||Monastery|
Which is the 2nd smallest state in India?
PopulatioLargest City In Sikkim Sikkim is the least populated and second smallest state in our country. The population of this state is 6,07,688 as per the census of 2011.
What should I avoid in Goa?
10 Commandments: Don’t Do These Things While In Goa
- Thou Shalt not do the lungi dance at the beach.
- Thou shalt not wear heels on the beach.
- Thou shalt not drool over our bikini- clad sisters.
- Thou shalt not drink and drive.
- Thou shalt not get wasted and sleep on the beach.
- Thou shalt not take PDA to the next level (get a room please)
- Thou shalt explore more.
How Safe Is Goa?
Despite stories of violent crime, drug-related misdeeds and police corruption (some of them internationally high-profile and involving tourists) Goa remains essentially a safe destination for travellers. So long as you adhere to a few basic and common-sense safety precautions, you should stay safe and secure in Goa.
Is Goa an island off India?
Goa, state of India, comprising a mainland district on the country’s southwestern coast and an offshore island. It is located about 250 miles (400 km) south of Mumbai (Bombay). Formerly a Portuguese possession, it became a part of India in 1962 and attained statehood in 1987.
Who is poor state in India?
Chhattisgarh is the poorest state, with 39.93% of the population living below the poverty line.
Who is the No 1 businessman in India?
The number of Indian billionaires have reduced to 102 from 106 in 2019. Top 26 richest Indians.
|Net worth (USD)||88.7billion|
|Company||Reliance Industries, Jio|
|Sources of wealth||petrochemical, oil&gas, telecom, retail, etc|
Ещё 25 столбцов
Which state is richest in India?
Maharashtra is the richest state in India. The state capital Mumbai is also known as the economic capital of the country. The total GDP of Maharashtra is 27.96 lakh crore.
Which language is spoken in Goa?
In the state of Goa, although English is widely spoken and is the national language of education and commerce in India, the main language in Goa is Konkani.
Which is the poorest city in India?
Alirajpur district in Madhya Pradesh is the poorest in the country where 76.5 per cent of people are poor. Eradicating all forms of poverty is considered an “indispensable requirement for sustainable development” and “the greatest global challenge”.
Which is the top 10 richest state in India?
Top 10 Richest States In India Per Capita
- Karnataka – GDP Rs.15.88 Lakhs Crores.
- Uttar Pradesh – GDP Rs.15.79 lakh Crores.
- Gujarat – GDP Rs.14.96 lakh Crore.
- Andhra Pradesh – GDP 10.49 lakh Crore.
- Telangana – GDP Rs.9.87 lakh Crore.
- Kerala – GDP Rs.8.75 lakh Crore.
- Rajasthan – GDP Rs.8.40 lakh Crore.