- 1 What’s Goa famous for?
- 2 What is the Speciality of Goa?
- 3 What is famous in Goa to buy?
- 4 What things are cheap in Goa?
- 5 What can I wear in Goa?
- 6 Which language is spoken in Goa?
- 7 What is the famous food in Goa?
- 8 How Safe Is Goa?
- 9 What can I do in 3 days in Goa?
- 10 Is Goa expensive?
- 11 Is shopping cheap in Goa?
- 12 Is liquor cheap in Goa?
- 13 Is Goa safe for female Travellers?
- 14 What can I bring back from Goa?
- 15 What should I pack for Goa trip?
What’s Goa famous for?
Reasons Why Goa Is Famous
- Fantastic Beaches. Palolem in South Goa.
- Carnival. A parade in Goa.
- Festive Atmosphere in December. A decorated church at Christmas time.
- Watersports. Watersports in Goa.
- Beach Shacks. Shacks on the beach.
- Cheap Alcohol. A tourist sipping on a pint.
- Portuguese Influence. Old Portuguese style houses.
- Dolphin Spotting.
What is the Speciality of Goa?
Goa is a blend of ancient Portuguese colony, sandy shores, forests, monuments and delightful cuisine- you can’t get enough of Goa. 1) AMAZING BEACHES: Had to be the #1 on the list, Goa is world-famous for its beach life. From North to South of Goa for every five minutes of travel, you will find a new beach.
What is famous in Goa to buy?
Top Things To Buy In Goa
- Cashew Nuts. Goa, one of the best countries to buy “Cashew Nuts ” is available in all flavours, spicy, salty, colored, coated with chick flour etc.
- Feni or Cashew Feni.
- Wooden Furniture (Wooden Carvings)
- Painted Tiles.
What things are cheap in Goa?
18 Things To Buy While Shopping In Goa
- Sea Shells Galore. Image Source.
- Cashew Nuts. Image Source.
- Music CDs & Musical Instruments. Image Source.
- Feni. Image Source.
- Variety Of Hats. Image Source.
- Spices. Image Source.
- Azulejos Tiles. Image Source.
What can I wear in Goa?
WHAT TO WEAR IN GOA FOR LADIES
- A Bikini/ Monokini or a Bodysuit.
- Cover-ups And Sarongs.
- Maxi Dresses, Tshirt Dresses, Skater Dresses, Off-shoulder Dresses.
- Don’t Go Short On Shorts.
- Go offbeat – Pallazos, Harem pants, Mermaid Pants, Dhotis.
- Crop tops.
- Loose T-shirts and Tanks.
- Accessorize as much as you can.
Which language is spoken in Goa?
In the state of Goa, although English is widely spoken and is the national language of education and commerce in India, the main language in Goa is Konkani.
What is the famous food in Goa?
Top 10 foods to try in Goa
- Pork vindaloo. Derived from the Portuguese words for garlic (alho) and wine (vinho), combined in a marinade, this spicy Goan curry originated from a Portuguese sailor’s dish made with – yes, that’s right – pork, garlic and wine.
- Crab xec xec.
- Prawn balchão.
- Goan red rice.
- Chouris pão.
How Safe Is Goa?
Despite stories of violent crime, drug-related misdeeds and police corruption (some of them internationally high-profile and involving tourists) Goa remains essentially a safe destination for travellers. So long as you adhere to a few basic and common-sense safety precautions, you should stay safe and secure in Goa.
What can I do in 3 days in Goa?
Places to Visit in Goa in 3 Days
- Baga Beach. Baga Beach | Among The Best Places to Visit in Goa in 3 Days.
- Fort Aguada. Fort Aguada | Among The Best Places to Visit in Goa in 3 Days.
- Reis Magos Fort. Reis Magos Fort | Among The Best Places to Visit in Goa in 3 Days.
- Anjuna Beach.
- Deltin Royale.
- Basilica of Bom Jesus.
- Se Cathedral.
- Mahalakshmi Temple.
Is Goa expensive?
Compared to most of the rest of India prices in Goa are relatively expensive, but compared to nearly anywhere else this place is a bargain. Still, hotels in Goa are cheap and fairly good standard for a beach resort area. Hotels at the bottom end of the range will be quite minimalistic though, so be prepared.
Is shopping cheap in Goa?
You can have an amazing shopping experience across Goa as its flea market and other local shops offer you everything at reasonable price. So, if you are planning to travel Goa and wondering which place you should go for shopping, then read the below article.
Is liquor cheap in Goa?
The duty in Goa is much lower than in elsewhere in India meaning that a bottle of beer is about Rs 30 cheaper in Goa than elsewhere in India.
Is Goa safe for female Travellers?
If you or your family or friends are asking is Goa safe for females travelling alone in India, try not to worry. There are indeed unpleasant and scary occasions where female visitors have been hassled and worse by men in India. But Goa is easier to travel as a solo female than other parts of India.
What can I bring back from Goa?
- Azulejos Tiles. It is hands down the best souvenir from Goa.
- Cabo or Feni. Image Courtesy: Debjani Kundu/ Facebook.
- Cashews. Were you even in Goa if you haven’t brought along their cashew nuts?
- Coconut Decor.
- Bags or accessories.
- Bebinca or Dodol.
- Kunbi sarees.
What should I pack for Goa trip?
Must-carry things on a trip to Goa
|Shorts and Cotton Trousers||Keeps cool in hot sun|
|Dress||Wear them for evening dinner and beach parties|
|Hat||Keeps sun away|
|Umbrella||Just in case it rains or if you need some shelter from the sun|