- 1 What is so special about Goa?
- 2 Is it worth going to Goa?
- 3 What is Goa popular for?
- 4 What should we get from Goa?
- 5 Which food is famous in Goa?
- 6 Which language is spoken in Goa?
- 7 Which is better Kerala or Goa?
- 8 Is Goa safe for families?
- 9 Which season is best for Goa?
- 10 Why is alcohol cheap in Goa?
- 11 What can you drink in Goa?
- 12 Which is best part of Goa?
- 13 Is Goa expensive?
- 14 Is shopping cheap in Goa?
- 15 What is famous in Goa to buy?
What is so special about Goa?
Goa has a unique culture. While people don’t particularly go here to shop, it does offer a few unique items. Most famous among them are Goa Sausages, a spicy chorizo that’s available all over India, but best made in Goa. Then there are cashew nuts, which are of great quality and much cheaper, too.
Is it worth going to Goa?
Yes – it is worth it, but I wouldn’t rate it as highly as Kerala. Goa tends to be more expensive and draws in the alternate crowd leaning towards drugs and sleaze. There is a very shady undercurrent around Goa that I didn’t feel so much in Kerala.
What is Goa popular for?
Goa is one of the most favorite destination among Indian tourists due to its pristine beaches. Every beach has its specialty, beauty, and serenity where tourists enjoy their best. Famous beaches in Goa: Baga, Candolim, Calangute, Morjim, Arambol, Anjuna, etc.
What should we get from Goa?
18 Things To Buy While Shopping In Goa
- Sea Shells Galore. Image Source.
- Cashew Nuts. Image Source.
- Music CDs & Musical Instruments. Image Source.
- Feni. Image Source.
- Variety Of Hats. Image Source.
- Spices. Image Source.
- Azulejos Tiles. Image Source.
Which food is famous in Goa?
Top 10 foods to try in Goa
- Pork vindaloo. Derived from the Portuguese words for garlic (alho) and wine (vinho), combined in a marinade, this spicy Goan curry originated from a Portuguese sailor’s dish made with – yes, that’s right – pork, garlic and wine.
- Crab xec xec.
- Prawn balchão.
- Goan red rice.
- Chouris pão.
Which language is spoken in Goa?
In the state of Goa, although English is widely spoken and is the national language of education and commerce in India, the main language in Goa is Konkani.
Which is better Kerala or Goa?
Goa is popular as a city of beaches and parties, and Kerala is known as God’s own country due to its mesmerising backwaters. Goa is best for the backpackers, party freaks and honeymooners, and Kerala is always a favourite place for those who love backwaters and are Ayurveda inspired.
Is Goa safe for families?
Goa is the most family -friendly state in India. What could be better than taking the kids to the beach every day? Goa excels as a holiday destination on many fronts: its short travel distances, wide range of foods, reliable climate and range of activities for kids…even away from the beach.
Which season is best for Goa?
The best time to visit Goa is from November to February. These are the winter best month to visit Goa, with temperatures hovering between 21 ⁰C and 28 ⁰C. The pleasant weather is perfect to laze around on the beaches of Goa.
Why is alcohol cheap in Goa?
The duty in Goa is much lower than in elsewhere in India meaning that a bottle of beer is about Rs 30 cheaper in Goa than elsewhere in India. So I think there is some sort of restriction in the amount of beer one can carry over the state border. Here is a link to a story about smuggling liquor out of Goa.
What can you drink in Goa?
From Feni To Port Wine & Kokum Juice To Armada – Quench Your Thirst With The Best Drinks In Goa
- Feni. The staple drink of the state, Feni is something you can’t escape when in Goa unless you’ve been living under a rock.
- Sula Wine.
- Kings Beer.
- Desmondji Spirits and Liqueurs.
- Port Wine.
- Kingfisher Beer.
Which is best part of Goa?
Best Area in Goa for…
- Best Areas in Goa for Yoga & Spirituality: Anjuna, Vagator, & Palolem.
- Best Area in Goa for Festivals: Panaji (Panjim)
- Best Area in Goa for Vibe & Culture: Panaji (Panjim)
- Best Romantic Area in Goa: Cavelossim.
- Best Areas in Goa for First Timers: Cavelossim and Mobor.
- Safest Area in Goa: Majorda.
Is Goa expensive?
Compared to most of the rest of India prices in Goa are relatively expensive, but compared to nearly anywhere else this place is a bargain. Still, hotels in Goa are cheap and fairly good standard for a beach resort area. Hotels at the bottom end of the range will be quite minimalistic though, so be prepared.
Is shopping cheap in Goa?
You can have an amazing shopping experience across Goa as its flea market and other local shops offer you everything at reasonable price. So, if you are planning to travel Goa and wondering which place you should go for shopping, then read the below article.
What is famous in Goa to buy?
Top Things To Buy In Goa
- Cashew Nuts. Goa, one of the best countries to buy “Cashew Nuts ” is available in all flavours, spicy, salty, colored, coated with chick flour etc.
- Feni or Cashew Feni.
- Wooden Furniture (Wooden Carvings)
- Painted Tiles.