- 1 Which state is to the north of Goa?
- 2 Which part of Goa is best North or South?
- 3 How can I go to North Goa?
- 4 Which is cheaper north or south Goa?
- 5 Who named Goa?
- 6 Why is Goa so rich?
- 7 Is North Goa safe?
- 8 What should I avoid in Goa?
- 9 Where do celebrities stay in Goa?
- 10 Which station is near to North Goa?
- 11 How far is North Goa from airport?
- 12 How can I go to North Goa by train?
- 13 Which is best location to stay in Goa?
- 14 Which part of Goa has best beaches?
- 15 Is north or south Goa better for families?
Which state is to the north of Goa?
North Goa is one of the two districts that make up the state of Goa in India. The district has an area of 1736 km², and is bounded by Sindhudurg district of Maharashtra state to the north and by Belgaum district of Karnataka to the east, by South Goa district to the south, and by the Arabian Sea to the west.
Which part of Goa is best North or South?
Both are unique and beautiful in their own way. North Goa is all about nightlife, shopping and liveliness, whereas South Goa has unblemished beaches, scenic drives and tranquillity. No matter where you decide to go in Goa, you just can’t go wrong as it all depends on what you want to explore and experience.
How can I go to North Goa?
By Air. Goa is well connected by airline services to most major cities in India. All flights, national and international, to and from Goa, operate from the Goa Airport at Dabolim near the port town of Vasco-da-Gama. The airport is about 30 kms from the capital city of Panaji and is owned by the Indian Navy.
Which is cheaper north or south Goa?
About North Goa And South Goa Best Time To Visit Goa: The best time is between October to April. Budget: North Goa: INR 10,000 3N/4D (budget stay) South Goa: INR 20,000 for 3N/4D (luxurious stay)
Who named Goa?
Goa – The Name – In the later Vedic period (c. 1000-500 BC) when the Hindu epic “Mahabharata” was written, Goa has been referred to with the Sanskrit name “Gomantak”, a word with many meanings, signifying mostly a fertile land; but however, it is the Portuguese who gave Goa its name.
Why is Goa so rich?
Goa’s net state domestic product (NSDP) was around US$7.24 billion in 2015–16. The land away from the coast is rich in minerals and ores, and mining forms the second largest industry. Iron, bauxite, manganese, clays, limestone, and silica are mined.
Is North Goa safe?
Despite stories of violent crime, drug-related misdeeds and police corruption (some of them internationally high-profile and involving tourists) Goa remains essentially a safe destination for travellers.
What should I avoid in Goa?
10 Commandments: Don’t Do These Things While In Goa
- Thou Shalt not do the lungi dance at the beach.
- Thou shalt not wear heels on the beach.
- Thou shalt not drool over our bikini- clad sisters.
- Thou shalt not drink and drive.
- Thou shalt not get wasted and sleep on the beach.
- Thou shalt not take PDA to the next level (get a room please)
- Thou shalt explore more.
Where do celebrities stay in Goa?
Where your favourite Stars chill-out in Goa
- Planet Hollywood. One of the most popular resorts in South Goa would be Planet Hollywood, owned by Sachin Joshi, the Gutka Baron, who is an actor, producer and a businessman.
- Calamari Beach Shack.
- Antares Restaurant and Beach Club.
Which station is near to North Goa?
Nearest Railway Stations to North Goa Goa India
|(KRMI) KARMALI||52||6.89 Kms|
|( THVM ) THIVIM||85||16.99 Kms|
|( VSG)VASCO DA GAMA||53||22.59 Kms|
|( MAO)MADGAON||203||27.6 Kms|
How far is North Goa from airport?
North Goa is around 27 km from the airport, while South Goa is around 50 km away. If you want to travel by train, then the nearest railway station to North Goa would be Karmali Railway Station at a distance of around 7 km.
How can I go to North Goa by train?
Via railways, it is quite easy to reach Goa as the major railway stations in Goa are located in Margao. The main railway station is known as Madgaon and Vasco-da-gama. These railway stations are well linked with Mumbai and then other major parts of the country as well.
Which is best location to stay in Goa?
- Best Places to Stay in Goa.
- 5 Best Places to Stay in Goa.
- Tiswadi – Where to Stay in Goa for first-timers.
- Salcete – Best Place to Stay in Goa on a Budget.
- Bardez – Where to Stay in Goa for the Best Nightlife.
- Pernem – Most Laidback Place to Stay in Goa.
- Canacona – Where to Stay in Goa for Families.
Which part of Goa has best beaches?
Top 10 beaches in Goa
- Morjim. Discovered in the far north of the state, Morjim presents one of the more wild expanses of sand for you to embrace during your Goa holidays.
- Candolim & Calangute.
- Benaulim & Varca.
Is north or south Goa better for families?
6. Re: Visiting GOA first time with family, best area to stay? North goa is best place to stay. Calangute and baga is preferable for family.