- 1 Why should you visit Goa?
- 2 What is so special about Goa?
- 3 Why do foreigners visit Goa?
- 4 Is it worth going to Goa?
- 5 Which food is famous in Goa?
- 6 What is famous in Goa to buy?
- 7 Why is alcohol cheap in Goa?
- 8 Is Goa cheap for shopping?
- 9 Which language is spoken in Goa?
- 10 Where do most foreigners stay in Goa?
- 11 Which country visits Goa most?
- 12 Which beach has most foreigners in Goa?
- 13 Which is better Kerala or Goa?
- 14 Is Goa safe for families?
- 15 Which season is best for Goa?
Why should you visit Goa?
Bestowed with numerous water bodies, Goa represents itself as one of the ideal destinations for enjoying water sports in India. Be it jet skiing, banana boat rides, parasailing, water skiing, water scooter, surfing or any other water sports, Goa has it all.
What is so special about Goa?
Goa has a unique culture. While people don’t particularly go here to shop, it does offer a few unique items. Most famous among them are Goa Sausages, a spicy chorizo that’s available all over India, but best made in Goa. Then there are cashew nuts, which are of great quality and much cheaper, too.
Why do foreigners visit Goa?
Another reason of the foreign tourists visiting Goa is because it is very reasonable here compared to other states, thus we see thousands of tourists having the good time of their life in Goa. Foreigners relate Goa to the exotic place of Hawaii, although, the currency there is high compared to India.
Is it worth going to Goa?
Yes – it is worth it, but I wouldn’t rate it as highly as Kerala. Goa tends to be more expensive and draws in the alternate crowd leaning towards drugs and sleaze. There is a very shady undercurrent around Goa that I didn’t feel so much in Kerala.
Which food is famous in Goa?
Top 10 foods to try in Goa
- Pork vindaloo. Derived from the Portuguese words for garlic (alho) and wine (vinho), combined in a marinade, this spicy Goan curry originated from a Portuguese sailor’s dish made with – yes, that’s right – pork, garlic and wine.
- Crab xec xec.
- Prawn balchão.
- Goan red rice.
- Chouris pão.
What is famous in Goa to buy?
Top Things To Buy In Goa
- Cashew Nuts. Goa, one of the best countries to buy “Cashew Nuts ” is available in all flavours, spicy, salty, colored, coated with chick flour etc.
- Feni or Cashew Feni.
- Wooden Furniture (Wooden Carvings)
- Painted Tiles.
Why is alcohol cheap in Goa?
The duty in Goa is much lower than in elsewhere in India meaning that a bottle of beer is about Rs 30 cheaper in Goa than elsewhere in India. So I think there is some sort of restriction in the amount of beer one can carry over the state border. Here is a link to a story about smuggling liquor out of Goa.
Is Goa cheap for shopping?
The pricing is affordable. With many places to shop around, Goa truly is a shopper’s paradise. The above-listed places are some of the busiest tourist destinations in Goa. And most of the markets and stores offer items at reasonable prices, these places are sure to please all visitors.
Which language is spoken in Goa?
In the state of Goa, although English is widely spoken and is the national language of education and commerce in India, the main language in Goa is Konkani.
Where do most foreigners stay in Goa?
Below are the best beaches for foreigners in Goa
- Palolem Beach. Palolem beach is located in Canacona in Goa.
- Ashwem Beach. Ashwem Beach is known for its scenic beauty and a top choice for foreigners visiting Goa.
- Candolim Beach.
- Morjim Beach.
- Benaulim Beach.
- Arambol Beach.
- Vagator Beach.
- Baga Beach.
Which country visits Goa most?
Among international tourists visiting Goa, Russians top the list.
Which beach has most foreigners in Goa?
Calangute and Baga beach are the two most popular tourist attractions in North Goa. They are mostly crowded and are loved by foreigners too.
Which is better Kerala or Goa?
Goa is popular as a city of beaches and parties, and Kerala is known as God’s own country due to its mesmerising backwaters. Goa is best for the backpackers, party freaks and honeymooners, and Kerala is always a favourite place for those who love backwaters and are Ayurveda inspired.
Is Goa safe for families?
Goa is the most family -friendly state in India. What could be better than taking the kids to the beach every day? Goa excels as a holiday destination on many fronts: its short travel distances, wide range of foods, reliable climate and range of activities for kids…even away from the beach.
Which season is best for Goa?
The best time to visit Goa is from November to February. These are the winter best month to visit Goa, with temperatures hovering between 21 ⁰C and 28 ⁰C. The pleasant weather is perfect to laze around on the beaches of Goa.